- Rinse red lentils in cold water and drain.
- Combine all the ingredients (except vegetable broth and accompaniments) in a large bowl.
- Place mixture in a freezer bag. Label bag and place in freezer.
- The day before your meal, thaw freezer bag contents overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, place thawed contents in slow cooker and add vegetable broth.
- Cook on high for 8 hours.
- Serve with naan bread, top with a dollop of Greek yogurt, and garnish with lime and cilantro.
It can be held on reheat mode for 2 hours.
This is a very simple, basic legume recipe that you should always keep handy in the freezer.