- In a large bowl, combine molasses, soy sauce, tomato paste, oil, cilantro, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic. Stir until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Halve lemongrass stalks lengthwise.
- Rinse shrimp thoroughly in cold water and drain.
- Skewer shrimp onto lemongrass stalks and coat with reserved marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill to high and oil rack.
- Place skewers on hot rack and grill for 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
- Brush skewers with remaining marinade while grilling.
- Serve the brochettes with lime wedges.
Shrimp are done when the outside is golden brown and the inside is pink and firm.
Shrimp are low in saturated fat and high in protein. They also contain omega-3 fatty acids and selenium, a mineral with antioxidant properties.