Italian-style pork osso buco and gnocchi
- In a skillet over high heat, brown osso buco slices in olive oil, 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place osso buco slices in a slow cooker, add the broth, tomato sauce, red wine, onion, garlic, celery, bay leaf, rosemary, and thyme, and then cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Check for doneness. Add the capers and adjust seasoning as needed.
- If sauce is hasn’t thickened enough, remove slices of meat from slow cooker and keep warm. Transfer sauce to a saucepan. In a bowl, dilute cornstarch in a little water and then stir into sauce; simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a saucepan of boiling water. Drain.
- Divide gnocchi onto 4 dishes, cover with sauce, and top with a slice of osso buco.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.