- Preheat the oven to 190˚C (375˚F).
- Purée the sweet peppers with oil in a hand mixer.
- Place pizza shells on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each round with about 60 mL (¼ cup) of sweet pepper purée. Any leftover purée can be frozen for future use.
- Add the pizza toppings evenly on each shell in this order: capicollo, mozzarella, figs, Romano cheese, pine nuts, and lemon zest.
- Bake pizzas on the middle rack for about 15 minutes or until their crusts have browned and the cheese has melted.
Variation: For a more classic pizza, replace the figs with thin slices of portabello mushroom.