- In a bowl, mix cayenne pepper, black pepper, thyme and salt. Add cubed chicken and combine to coat well with spices. Set aside.
- In a saucepan or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add reserved chicken cubes and fry until browned and cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place ham, chorizo, onion, garlic, celery and green pepper in the same pan, adding oil as need be. Fry for about 5 minutes. Add chicken cubes and rice. Combine well. Add drained tomatoes, chicken stock, fish stock and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to low; cover and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
- Add shrimp on top of rice without stirring and continue cooking over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes until shrimp is pink. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
: Use leftover jambalaya to stuff tomatoes or zucchini. Place in a 180°C (350°F) oven until vegetables are cooked.
The perfect match with a full-bodied white wine.