- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place onions in bottom of a roasting pan and top with herbs and garlic. Set aside.
- Combine all glaze ingredients in a bowl.
- Place ham on top of vegetables and brush with glaze.
- Pour 125 mL (½ cup) of water into roasting pan.
- Bake ham for 4 hours, brushing lightly with glaze once every hour.
- Remove ham from oven and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Keep cooking juices to use as sauce.
Chef ’s secret:
Dry baking at low heat produces a firm yet juicy ham.