- Preheat oven to 170°C (325°F).
- Place onions in the bottom of a roasting pan and top them with fresh herbs and garlic cloves. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the glaze in a bowl.
- Place ham on top of vegetables and brush with glaze.
- Pour 125 mL (½ cup) water into roasting pan.
- Bake ham for 4 hours, brushing lightly with glaze each hour.
- Remove ham from oven and let sit 10 to 15 minutes before carving. Keep the cooking juices to use as sauce. Serve with your choice of vegetables.
Chef ’s secret:
Dry baking at low heat produces a firm yet juicy ham.