- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Gently combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- On a work surface, shape batter into 8 cakes about 8 cm (3 1/4 inch) in diameter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or oil it. Place cakes on sheet, leaving a little space between them.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden, turning over halfway through cooking.
- Serve with pork tenderloin and stir-fried sweet peppers, or as an appetizer on a bed of greens.
: Replace parsnip by grated carrots, and substitute French shallot for green onion.