- Heat the oven to 160˚C (325˚F).
- Sauté the bacon, onion and garlic in a nonstick pan on medium-high, stirring often, for about 2 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Take the pan off the burner and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground lamb, chopped red pepper, 125 ml (1/2 cup) chili sauce, breadcrumbs, egg, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and bacon mixture. Press one-third of the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Make a lengthwise indentation in the mixture and insert the cheese sticks, letting them overlap if necessary. Cover with the rest of the meat mixture and top with the remaining chili sauce. Bake for 1 1/4 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted in the centre of the loaf reads 77˚C (170˚F).
- Slice and serve with mashed potatoes and julienned zucchini.
Suggestion for accompaniment : Tour du baron Medium-bodied red wine