- In a bowl, combine red wine and apricot jam. Pour 60 mL (1/4 cup) of this mixture onto the peaches and coat well. Set aside. Brush lamb slices generously with the red wine mixture. Heat barbecue to medium-high.
- Place a sheet of oiled aluminum foil onto half of the grill and lay fruit on it. Place lamb shoulder slices directly on the grill.
- Cook the fruit and meat for 5 minutes on each side, or until the fruit is lightly grilled and caramelized and the meat is pinkish inside. Brush fruit and meat with wine mixture once on each side during cooking.
- Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve lamb slices on a bed of basmati rice with grilled peaches; sprinkle fresh mint on top.
: Replace red wine by white wine or orange juice, and prepare this recipe with 500 g chicken scallops. Grill until the meat is no longer pink inside.
: The perfect match with a medium-bodied red wine.