Vegetable-ricotta lasagna from Stefano Faita (Lasagne con legumi al forno)
Assembling the lasagna.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the onion.
- Add the celery and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 more minutes.
- Incorporate tomato purée and then season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and simmer for 45 minutes over medium heat.
- At the end of cooking, add the basil and then set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Cover the bottom of a 20 cm x 33 cm (8 in. x 13 in.) lasagna dish with sauce. Place 4 lasagna noodles over sauce and then cover with generous amount of sauce.
- Top with a little Parmesan, ricotta, and mozzarella. Repeat to create 5 or 6 layers (alternating pasta, sauce, and cheese).
- Bake for 1 hour. After removing lasagna from the oven, set it aside for 10 minutes before serving.