The best tiramisu from Stefano Faita
- Prepare espresso and then chill.
- In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
- Add mascarpone and mix well.
- Whisk the egg whites into stiff peaks. Delicately incorporate mascarpone mixture (don't over-blend to retain airy texture).
- Dip ladyfingers one at a time in chilled espresso and layer them in the bottom of a rectangular 25 cm x 30 cm (10 in. x 12 in.) cake pan.
- Cover with half the mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with cocoa.
- Repeat to create a second layer.
- Refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.