- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Slice bread lengthwise and crosswise leaving bottom crust intact (about 1 cm from bottom).
- Cut cheese into slices without removing rind, if any, and tuck one slice into each bread slit.
- Brush loaf with melted butter and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 15 minutes. Unwrap and bake 10 more minutes.
- Combine all crunch ingredients in small mixing bowls (one for each nut crunch).
Guests can tear off pieces of bread by hand or with a fork and dip them in one of the nut crunch mixtures.
Chef ’s secret:
This recipe can be made with many kinds of cheese, such as Brie, Gouda, Oka, and Swiss.
Beer and food pairings :
Perfect pairing : smooth, red beer.