- In a small bowl, plump the raisins in water for 10 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry to 2 to 3 mm (1/8 in.) thick with arolling pin. Prick pastry with a fork.
- For standard 15 cm (6 in.) tartlet pans, cut pastry into four 20 cm (8 in.) rounds. Line pans with pastry and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Place tartlets on a cookie sheet on bottom oven rack and bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook 2 to 3 minutes, without browning. Add cabbage and continue to cook for about 5 minutes. Add raisins, cumin, cinnamon, and half the salt. Combine and divide among the tartlets.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, milk and rest of salt. Divide among tartlets and reserve 15 ml (1 tbsp.) of mixture. Divide cheese among tartlets. Brush rim of pastry with reserved egg mixture.
- Bake on middle oven rack for 20 to 30 minutes or until topping is cooked. Serve with a red lettuce salad.
: Serve the cabbage and leek filling (without the eggs and cheese) as a side dish.
: Use commercial tartlet shells. Reduce cooking time for filled tartlets by about10 to 15 minutes. Makes 12 tartlets.