Leek and two-cheese quiche
Shortcrust cheese pastry
- Mix together the flour and salt in a bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture is the size of peas.
- Add the cheese, egg yolk, and water. Mix until the dough starts to bind together into a ball. Shape it into a disc, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough and press it into a 25 cm (10 in.) quiche pan. Prick dough with a fork. Cover with foil and place pie weights or dried beans on top. Bake 10 minutes. Remove the pie weights and foil and bake 8 more minutes. Set aside. Do not turn off the oven.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the leek until slightly tender, about 5 or 6 minutes. Add the wine and reduce until fully evaporated, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a dish and let cool. Using the same skillet, brown the prosciutto cubes for 2 minutes. Add them to the leek mixture.
- Mix together the milk, eggs, and dill in a large bowl. Stir in the leek mixture and cheese cubes. Pour the mixture into the baked quiche crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling has set.