Leg of lamb with thyme and ginger
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Make incisions in the leg of lamb and insert garlic slices. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine maple syrup, water, brown sugar, ginger, thyme, and pepper. Place leg of lamb in an ovenproof dish and pour maple mixture over top. Roast lamb uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 160°C (325°F), cover, and continue roasting for 2 to 2½ hours, or until a meat thermometer reads 60°C (140°).
- Baste lamb frequently with pan juices during cooking. Remove lamb from oven and cover with aluminum foil. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before carving. Serve leg of lamb with an assortment of glazed root vegetables.