- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- Grate 15 mL (1 tbsp.) zest from lemon. In a small bowl, mix zest with the ginger and salt. Rub mixture onto all sides of chicken pieces. Set aside.
- Squeeze 125 mL (1/2 cup) lemon juice (you may need two lemons). In a small bowl, mix with water, honey and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large oven-proof skillet or Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning frequently, 10 to 12 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Transfer chicken to a plate. Drain fat from skillet.
- Pour lemon juice mixture into skillet and bring to boil.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over top to baste. Cut remaining lemons into quarters and add to skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and roast chicken 20 minutes, or until the flesh detaches easily from the bone and its internal temperature reaches 82 °C (180 °F).
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli in boiling salted water 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender-crisp. Serve chicken legs with broccoli and lemon-ginger sauce. Accompany with rice.
Add 2 mL (1/2 tsp.) chili flakes to sauce for spicy chicken.