Lemon-raspberry trifle from Stefano Faita
Homemade lemon cream
- Whisk together lemon juice and zest, sugar, eggs and egg yolks in a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat, whisking and stirring constantly until mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Incorporate the butter. Set aside to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes. The cream will thicken during this time. Makes 1 L (4 cups) of lemon cream.
- Layer ingredients in a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl, alternating in several layers as you like: cake slices, jam, raspberries, limoncello (for drizzling), and lemon cream.
- Top the trifle with whipped cream, fresh raspberries, lemon zest, and mint.