- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Combine mango and lemon juice in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate coulis.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks, sugar and lemon zest until mixture becomes pale.
- Gradually add flour, flaxseed and baking powder.
- Using a spatula, gently incorporate stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Line a baking sheet with greased parchment and pour batter on top, ensuring surface is even.
- Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and roll up cake with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- One hour before serving, combine fresh cheese with 125 ml (½ cup) of mango coulis. Unroll cake. Spread mixture evenly over cake and sprinkle with chocolate slivers. Reroll cake.
- Serve with mango coulis.
- Garnish with icing sugar and chocolate slivers to taste.
If your mango coulis is too thick and not sweet enough for your taste, simply add a small quantity of water and sugar or a little orange juice, which will give it a delicate citrus flavour.
A single tablespoon (15 ml) of ground flaxseed meets all your daily plant-based omega-3 requirements. Easy to prepare, it goes great in everything—cereal, yogurt, green salad, muffins, smoothies, and more!
Fresh cheeses (such as white cheese) have a mild, tart flavour. They are wonderful plain and go great with the sweet taste of fresh fruit, coulis, and jam as well as in salty fare (dips).