- In a bowl, combine 30 mL (2 tbsp.) brown sugar, chopped sage, lemon zest and half of chopped garlic.
- Rub this mixture into the veal rack, and place meat in a shallow dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Blanch vegetables for 5 minutes in a saucepan of boiling water.
- Drain. In a large bowl, mix together remaining brown sugar, remaining garlic, oil and lemon juice. Add carrots, leeks, celeriac, Brussels sprouts and sage leaves.
- Mix well to coat vegetables with brown sugar mix. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Wrap veal rack bones with aluminum foil and place meat in the middle of a shallow roasting dish.
- Arrange vegetables around meat. Roast uncovered for one hour, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 66°C (150°F) for well-done meat, and vegetables are cooked and slightly crispy. Remove meat from oven and cover with aluminum foil.
- Allow to sit for 15 minutes. Serve with a blend of white and wild rice, and enjoy!
Variation: For a spicy note, replace lemon zest by orange zest and add red pepper flakes.