By Geneviève O’Gleman, nutritionist, savourer.ca
Photo credit: Maude Chauvin
- Peel the squash and cut it in half. Spoon out the seeds. Cut the squash into cubes. Chop the carrot and celery. Finely chop the garlic.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the squash, carrot, celery, and garlic. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the paprika, cinnamon, and cumin. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Rinse and strain the lentils. Add to pot and reduce to medium heat. Let simmer uncovered 25 to 30 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the kale.
- Transfer 750 ml (3 cups) of the soup to your blender. Purée until smooth, then return to pot.
- Add the kale and cider vinegar. Mix well and serve.
Keeps up to 4 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.