- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add beans for the last 4 minutes of cooking. Reserve 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the cooking water and drain pasta and beans. Set aside.
- In the same saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; add garlic and cook without browning for about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and continue cooking for 1 minute.
- Add reserved pasta and beans. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat pasta well. Add cooking water as needed to moisten pasta.
- At the very last minute, add Les Grondines cheese so that cheese is heated but does not melt.
- Sprinkle pasta with lemon rind and serve immediately. Serve a green salad on the side.
: Replace cheese by tinned tuna or salmon.
: This pasta is delicious cold for the next day's lunch.