- Heat lobster bisque in a saucepan over low heat.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high, melt the butter and fry the onions 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, stirring to coat well with butter, and continue cooking 1 or 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine and reduce until nearly evaporated.
- Reduce heat to medium, add 250 mL (1 cup) bisque, stirring until liquid has been absorbed. Continue, adding 250 mL (1 cup) of bisque at a time, stirring continuously until rice is al dente.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add garnishes of choice. Mix well and serve immediately.
If you don't have enough lobster bisque available, you can lengthen it with fish stock or with fish or vegetable broth made from bouillon cubes.