- Combine the flour, egg, baking powder, oil and buttermilk in a bowl. Gradually incorporate into the mashed potatoes. Add the dill, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat 15 mL (1 tablespoon) butter in a large nonstick frying pan on medium heat. Spoon 15 mL (1 tablespoon) dollops of batter 5 cm (2 in.) apart.
- Cook the blini for 4 minutes or until bubbles start to form on top and the bottom is golden brown. Turn over and cook for another 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place on a plate and keep warm. Repeat until all the batter is used up, adding butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve with lobster. Garnish the blini with sour cream, julienned cucumber and lobster meat.
: Blini can be made ahead of time. They keep well in the refrigerator overnight in an airtight container. When ready to use, spread them out in a single layer on a baking sheet and heat for 5 minutes in a preheated 400˚F (200˚C) oven.