- Cook lobsters in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Let cool. Remove lobster meat from shells and cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, saffron and lemon rind. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine lobster meat, fennel and chives. Add mayonnaise mixture and pepper and mix well.
- Reserve. Heat barbecue to medium-high. Place ciabattas on barbecue rack and grill for about 2 minutes per side, or until bread is grilled. Place half of ciabatta buns on a work surface and place a half lettuce leaf on each.
- Top with lobster filling. Close sandwiches and enjoy!
Variation: Replace lobster by crab, shrimp or a seafood mixture.