This recipe is courtesy of Old Amsterdam.
- Cook pasta in a pot according to package instructions.
- Drain and add a drizzle of oil to keep pasta from sticking. Set aside.
- In the same pot, gently fry garlic in oil over medium heat.
- Add cream and cook to a low simmer.
- Gradually mix in cheese and stir well.
- Add reserved macaroni, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix and serve.
If the sauce is too thick, add a bit of milk.
If you like your mac and cheese toasted on top, put it in a baking dish and brown it under the broiler for a couple of minutes.
You can switch out classic paprika for smoked paprika.
To kick it up an extra notch, add bacon bits and green onions.