- In a bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon zest, chives, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate.
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and then sweat the shallots, eggplant, thyme, oregano, and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and bell pepper, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, and sugar, and then let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the ricotta mixture into 4 shallow bowls and cover with pasta.
- Add the basil to the ratatouille and spoon over pasta. Serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of Tablée des chefs.