- In a shallow dish, mix the coconut milk, lime zest, half the hot pepper, salt and pepper.
- Add fish fillets and coat well with mix. Cover and set aside in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Pour the brown sugar into a deep dish and dip both sides of the pineapple slices in it.
- Lightly drain fish fillets. Pepper to taste. Place the pineapple slices and fish fillets on the grill, flesh side down.
- Cook the fish for 4 to 5 minutes per cm of thickness (8 to 10 minutes per inch), turning once halfway through cooking. Cook the pineapple slices for 2 minutes per side or until sufficiently grilled.
- Dice the grilled pineapple slices and mix with onion and the remaining hot peppers. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve grilled fish with pineapple salsa and white or brown basmati rice.
Variation: Prepare the pineapple salsa and mix with cubes of grilled tofu. Serve on a bed of basmati rice.