- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
- In a large bowl, combine the curry, turmeric, coconut milk, tamarind (or HP) sauce, lemongrass, sesame oil, peanut oil, and salt to make the marinade. Set aside.
- Lay pork on a large sheet of aluminum foil and brush generously on all sides with (¾ of the marinade.
- Refrigerate remaining marinade. Close foil around pork and seal tightly.
- Transfer to a baking dish.
- Place in oven and cook 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Open the foil packet, shred the pork, and add remaining marinade.
To make a sandwich:
- Pour some peanut oil and a bit of whole cumin seed to a skillet over medium-high heat; fry a slice of naan on both sides. Set aside to cool.
- Cut naan in half. Top with shredded pork. Add two tomato slices, some fresh cilantro, and mango slices.
- Season with salt to taste and close sandwich.
- Serve immediately or wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one day.
This recipe is easily prepared a day ahead of time. The sandwich can be eaten warm or reheated in microwave. For the lunchbox, place hot pulled pork filling in a thermos and make the sandwich on untoasted naan immediately before eating it.