- Preheat oven broiler, setting rack about 20 cm (8 inches) below heat source.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, mango, sundried tomatoes, egg and 5 mL (1 tsp.) Tabasco sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip hands into cold water and shape meat mixture into 8 rolls about 7 cm (3 inches) long, flattening slightly. Thread rolls onto each skewer, pressing so meat stays on.
- Place brochettes on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Broil for 10 to 12 minutes, or until meat is cooked and lightly browned. Turn brochettes several times as they cook.
- In a small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and remaining Tabasco sauce. Serve brochettes on a bed of couscous with the barbecue dipping sauce and a green salad.
Variation : Shape meat into small meatballs, cook, and insert decorative toothpicks. Serve with barbecue sauce or commercial tzatziki sauce. Perfect for cocktail parties!