This recipe is courtesy of McCain.
- In a pot, heat 5 mL (1 tsp.) oil over medium high heat and cook green onions until translucent.
- Add Dijon mustard, grainy mustard, and Cayenne pepper and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and cream and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Set aside.
- In the meantime, bake fries according to directions on package.
- In a large skillet, heat 5 mL (1 tsp.) oil and fry bacon until crispy.
- Add flour, stirring constantly, and cook until golden.
- Add maple syrup and simmer until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add white gravy. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide fries among four bowls. Top with cheese curds and maple bacon sauce. Serve immediately.