Maple Chicken Pot-au-Feu with Herbs
- Melt butter in oil in a casserole pot.
- Sweat and sauté shallots and garlic for 4 minutes over medium heat. Salt and pepper, then remove from pot. Set aside.
- Pour maple syrup into pot and sear chicken pieces on all sides for a few minutes over medium-high heat. Add garlic and shallots.
- Deglaze with white wine. Moisten with chicken broth. Salt and pepper to taste. Add thyme, celery salt and rosemary. Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
- Place chicken pieces and shallots in a serving dish and top with sauce. Serve with root vegetables.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, pour sauce into a small saucepan, add beurre manié, whip vigorously and heat for a few minutes over medium until smooth.