Maple-Flavoured Beef Bourguignon
- In a thick-bottom saucepan, heat oil and cook onion for 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add beef cubes and brown them on all sides, stirring constantly. Add flour and combine thoroughly, continuing to cook for 1 minute. Gradually add red wine, taking care to scrape bottom and sides of saucepan.
- Pour in beef broth and maple syrup. Add thyme and bay leaf.
- Season to taste. Bring to a boil, cover and continue cooking over low heat for 2 hours or until meat is tender. Stir occasionally.
- Add parsnips and carrots about 1 hour before end of cooking time. Adjust seasoning if required. Serve with linguine or rice.