Mariachi pizza from Christian Begin
- Mix together the olive oil, lime zest and juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl and use mixture to marinate chicken for at least an hour.
- Heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and fry onion until transparent. Add the beans and cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Purée in a blender, adding a bit of olive oil as needed, until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Heat 30 mL (2 tbsp.) oil in a skillet. Fry chicken 4 or 5 minutes. Add maple syrup and continue to cook until chicken is cooked and caramelized. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place tortillas on a pizza pan. Top tortillas with bean purée, chicken strips, and sweet peppers. Cover with cheese.
- Cook in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves. Accompany with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole.