Marinated quail on a bed of asparagus
- Combine all marinade ingredients. Rinse quail under cold water. Dry well. Place in a resealable bag and pour in marinade. Seal bag. Marinate in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Place quail on a rack in roasting pan. Add salt and pepper. Set aside 60 ml (¼ cup) marinade for sauce and reserve remainder for basting. Place quail on centre rack of oven and cook uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Baste twice during cooking, using half of the reserved marinade each time. Meanwhile, steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- Pour reserved 60 ml (¼ cup) marinade in small saucepan. Add wine and honey. Simmer for 3–4 minutes. Toast pine nuts in a pan over high heat, stirring constantly.
- To serve, arrange asparagus on plates and garnish with pine nuts. Place quail on top. Drizzle honey-lemon sauce over quail.