Medallions of Quebec Milk-Fed Veal with a Sauce of Exotic Fruits
- In a saucepan, heat the oil or the clarified butter on high heat and brown the milk-fed veal filet and shallots.
- Remove the milk-fed veal filet from the heat, place on a roasting rack and finish cooking in the oven uncovered at 325°F (163°C), until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 150°F (66°C).
- Meanwhile, degrease the saucepan with the vinegar and let evaporate over a medium heat. Douse with the veal stock, reduce by half, pass the sauce through a sieve and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the sugar in the butter and caramelize the fruit slices (cooking lightly). Remove the fruit from the syrup and set aside for decorating.
- In the same small saucepan, add the sauce previously set aside to the fruit syrup and incorporate the pepper sauce. Reduce to the desired consistency.
- Remove the milk-fed veal filt from the oven, place on a serving plat, cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Carve the milk-fed veal filet into medallions, place on the plates and cover with the sauce. Serve with Basmati rice and the fruit slices.