Mediterranean-rubbed chicken with spring ratatouille
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Spread 15 mL (1 tbsp.) garlic on chicken. Sprinkle with paprika and pat to stick.
- In a large skillet, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to baking dish and broil for 6 to 8 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 77°C (171°F).
- Meanwhile, heat 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the eggplant and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add zucchini and cook for another 5 minutes. Set mixture aside in a bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet and cook the remaining garlic, onion, and pepper over medium heat until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, 30 mL (2 tbsp.) of oregano, and the rosemary. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the peas and reserved vegetable mixture. Cook for 3 minutes. Serve chicken with warm ratatouille and sprinkle remaining oregano over top.