- In a hot nonstick pan, heat the oil and fry the fennel over medium heat for 2–3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the prosciutto slices on a plate and cover with paper towels. Microwave for 1–2 minutes or until crispy, like a potato chip. Set aside.
- Set aside a few pieces of cucumber and fresh dill for the garnish and place a bowl on top of a bowl filled with ice. In the upper bowl, place the salmon, cucumber, sundried tomatoes, capers, dill, and mayonnaise. Add half the fried fennel and a single prosciutto chip. Mix well.
- Place a serving of tartare in each verrine and decorate with the rest of the fennel and pieces of prosciutto, cucumber, and dill.
You can also make one poke bowl instead of four verrines. Combine all the ingredients in the same bowl, being sure to place the rice in the centre!
* Visit IGA.net/sushi for sushi rice directions.
Quick snack: take a mug, add a small amount of leftover tartare and fill with chicken or vegetable broth. A quick mugfull of happiness!