- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a skillet, heat a little olive oil over medium heat and lightly caramelize the onion, sweet pepper, and garlic. Add the carrots, parsnips, and celery, and continue cooking while stirring for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce until liquid has completely evaporated. Cool to room temperature.
- Put meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, milk, and sage into a bowl. Blend together by hand until just mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Incorporate vegetable mixture and feta. Transfer mixture into a greased loaf pan measuring 25 cm x 15 cm (10 in. x 5 ¾ in.) and cover with foil wrap. Bake from 1½ to 1¾ hours, or until meat thermometer inserted in centre reads 70°C (158°F).
Accompany the meatloaf with tomato coulis.