This recipe is courtesy of Jarlsberg.
- Drain crab meat in a colander and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Mix corn starch with 30 mL (2 tbsp.) water in a small bowl.
- Warm milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat (do not boil).
- Whisk corn starch and dry mustard into milk, then gradually fold in Jarlsberg.
- Add crab meat and season with salt, pepper, and chili to taste.
- Spoon crab mixture over melon slices, then garnish with almonds and a pinch of paprika.
To really bring out the flavour of this dish, substitute smoked paprika for mild paprika.