- Mix popping corn with the oil.
- Add spices of your choice.
- Pour popping corn into the paper bag.
- Close bag by folding the end over twice and stapling it together. (Staples can go in the microwave.)
- Place the bag on its side in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes until almost all the kernels have popped.
Vary the spices:
- Mediterranean blend: savory, marjoram, sage, thyme, and onion powder
- Thai blend: sesame seeds, ginger, cilantro, garlic powder, and lemon pepper seasoning
- Sweet blend: cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger