- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Brush tortillas with a little olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Press each tortilla into an ovenproof bowl so that it takes the round shape.
- Bake tortillas for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tortillas are crisp.
- Transfer tortilla bowls to a rack to cool.
Ground beef mixture
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry onion and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and cook over medium-high heat until brown, breaking up chunks.
- Drain meat and return it to skillet.
- Add spices, tomato paste, and broth. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil and simmer over low heat for about 8 minutes, or until broth is reduced and mixture has thickened. Reserve.
- Place tortilla bowls on plates.
- Divide lettuce among bowls, stacking it visibly in a corner of each bowl.
- Do the same for the avocado cubes, corn, beans, tomatoes, and hot beef mixture.
- Garnish each bowl with cheese, lime wedges, and coriander leaves, if desired.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Make tortilla bowls the day before serving to save preparation time. If you’re pressed for time, use ready-made tortilla bowls, available in the grocery department.
Instead of adding cubed avocadoes, you can make a good guacamole. Take two fully ripe avocadoes, mash into a purée with a little coriander, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
You can replace the sour cream by plain yogurt for a lighter-fat version.