Keeps in the refrigerator for 2–3 days
In an effort to escape the cold without taking a trip down south, we whipped up a lasagna recipe and swapped the pasta for tortillas. It’s a lasagna unlike any other!
- Preheat oven to 200 °C (400 °F) and place rack in the centre.
- In a deep, 10-inch oven-safe skillet (see tips and tricks), heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; then cook onion and pepper for 3 minutes. Add zucchini, corn, lentils, garlic and chili powder, and continue cooking for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cook for 8 minutes over low heat. Season and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, ricotta, half the cheddar cheese, and thyme.
- Assemble lasagna by initially removing 2/3 of the lentil mixture from the skillet and setting it aside. Spread remaining mixture across bottom of skillet, place a tortilla over it; then cover tortilla with 1/3 of sauce.
- Continue assembling lasagna, alternating between lentil mixture, tortillas and sauce. End with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes; then finish cooking on broil to brown cheese.
- Top with cilantro and avocado cubes and serve.
Tips and tricks:
You don’t have to use a deep, 10-inch oven-safe skillet, but it will save you from washing more dishes. You can use any skillet and bake the lasagna in an oven-safe dish (preferably round to follow the curve of the tortillas).