- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Generously season the rib roast well with salt and pepper. Heat oil in an ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat and sear the rib roast on both sides. Remove from saucepan.
- Deglaze the skillet with veal stock. Scrape bottom of the skillet to remove browned bits. Add the figs, apricots, and bay leaves. Place rib roast back in the skillet, place uncovered in the oven and cook about 1 hour or until the thermometer reads 63°C (145°F). Continue cooking for medium-rare meat.
- Remove rib roast from skillet, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves from sauce and season with salt if necessary.
- Serve sliced rib roast garnished with pistachios and pomegranate arils. Accompany with sauce, couscous, and green beans.
To save time, you can purchase pomegranate arils already removed from the fruit in the produce department. Or, let the kids have fun removing them from a fresh pomegranate for you.