- Heat oil in deep fryer to 190°C (375°F) and line a baking sheet with paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix the corn flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, cajun spices, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, eggs, and green onion. Using a whisk, add dry ingredients to mix and stir until smooth.
- Dip sausages in the dough until well covered and place them in the fryer one after the other. Fry 10 at a time for about 4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on baking sheet lined with paper towel.
- Insert a wooden skewer in each mini corn dog.
- Serve immediately with mayonnaise.
To freeze cooked corn dogs, place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag. To serve, reheat for 20 minutes in the oven at 180°C (350°F).
For deep frying, choose an oil that can withstand high heat and oxidation. Unlike nut oils, olive oil, canola oil, and peanut oil are good choices that hold up well for frying.