Mini meatloaf for little folks
How little chefs can help
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion, cracker crumbs, and the two selected herbs. Salt and pepper to taste and then mix by hand until well blended.
- Divide half the beef mixture into a muffin tin (18-24 cups).
- Add some chopped basil and two pieces of cheese to each cup.
- Top each one with the rest of the beef mixture and press firmly into place.
- Top each mini meatloaf with a bit of tomato sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with Compliments Original Mashed Potatoes that you'll find in the produce department, and a green vegetable.
- Crush the crackers in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin
- Add the eggs, chopped onions, seasoning, and crumbs to the meat mixture
- Garnish the centre of the mini meatloaves with cheese and basil
- Top the mini meatloaves with tomato sauce for the finishing touch