- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Spread almonds on baking sheet and toast on middle rack of oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Halve or quarter strawberries. In a bowl, mix berries with 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract. Set aside.
- Using a double boiler, combine egg yolks, maple syrup and remaining almond extract. Whisk mixture vigorously until it becomes pale, fluffy and doubles in volume, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Arrange berries in 6 martini glasses and mound sabayon mixture on top of fruit. Garnish with toasted almonds, a few pomegranate seeds and mint.
Chef's secret: When using a double boiler, the upper pot should not touch the simmering water.