This recipe is courtesy of Robin Hood.
- Heat oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- Combine flour, nuts, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a medium-size bowl.
- Add melted butter and stir until mixture holds together. Set aside.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another large bowl, whisk together yogurt, oil, and egg. Add carrots.
- Add carrot mixture to flour mixture. Stir until flour is incorporated.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Top with reserved nut mixture.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.