- Preheat the oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Mix together the spices and olive oil in a small bowl. Brush mixture on leg of lamb.
- Sear the lamb on all sides over medium-high heat in a casserole dish.
- Add the onion and garlic and lightly brown.
- Deglaze with broth.
- Add remaining ingredients except for parsley.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover and continue cooking for 40 minutes for medium-rare doneness.
- Top with parsley and serve with couscous, quinoa, or barley.
Allow 45 minutes per kg (20 minutes per lb.) for medium-rare doneness. Add 20 minutes per kg (10 minutes per lb.) if meat is frozen.