- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Sear the venison and kangaroo meat for approximately 4 minutes, stirring regularly, or until meat is slightly pink.
- Add coriander, cumin, and garlic powder and mix. Pour onto a large plate and cover with foil. Set aside.
- In same skillet, cook onion over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Deglaze with chicken broth then add rutabaga and carrots.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender but still crunchy. Remove from heat and add dates, raisins, and coriander. Mix gently.
- In small bowl, mix coconut yogurt and sambal oelek. Set aside. Serve on bed of couscous. Garnish with coconut mixture.
: Venison and kangaroo are very lean meats. Avoid over-cooking as they quickly become tough.