- Combine the fruit in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, brown sugar, and baking powder. Make a well in the centre of the mixture, add the eggs, and mix together with a whisk.
- Gradually stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla. Mix only until batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Pour 125 mL (½ cup) of pancake batter into centre of the skillet. Swirl the batter in the pan to create a uniform circle. Cook about 2 minutes per side, turning the pancake over when bubbles break the batter's surface and the cooked side is golden brown. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat steps three more times.
- Place pancakes on four pretty serving plates and top each one with a quarter of the fruit mixture and some maple syrup.
Variation: Use seasonal fruit! In the summertime, make pancakes garnished with berries and in the fall choose melons!